How Long to Fry Drumsticks on the Stove
Drumsticks are a delicious and versatile cut of chicken that can be cooked in a variety of ways. One of the most popular methods is to fry them on the stove. This method is quick and easy, and it produces crispy, flavorful drumsticks that are perfect for a weeknight meal.
In this article, we will discuss how to fry drumsticks on the stove. We will cover everything from the ingredients you need to the steps involved in the process. We will also provide tips for making sure your drumsticks come out perfectly cooked every time.
So if you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to cook drumsticks, read on!
|350 degrees Fahrenheit
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Cook the drumsticks for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
Drumsticks are a delicious and versatile cut of chicken that can be cooked in a variety of ways. One of the most popular ways to cook drumsticks is to fry them on the stove. This is a quick and easy method that results in crispy, juicy chicken.
In this article, we will discuss how long to fry drumsticks on the stove. We will also provide a step-by-step guide to frying drumsticks, as well as tips for making them even more delicious.
Equipment and Ingredients
To fry drumsticks on the stove, you will need the following equipment and ingredients:
- Seasoning (optional)
- Frying pan
- Paper towels
To fry drumsticks on the stove, follow these steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Rinse the drumsticks and pat them dry with paper towels.
3. Season the drumsticks with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
5. Once the oil is hot, add the drumsticks to the pan.
6. Cook the drumsticks for 5-7 minutes per side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
7. Transfer the drumsticks to a baking sheet and place them in the oven.
8. Bake the drumsticks for 10-15 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
9. Remove the drumsticks from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Here are a few tips for making fried drumsticks even more delicious:
- Use a high-quality oil, such as peanut oil or canola oil.
- Pat the drumsticks dry before seasoning them. This will help the seasonings stick to the chicken.
- Cook the drumsticks over medium heat. This will help them cook evenly and prevent them from burning.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. This will prevent the chicken from cooking properly.
- Let the drumsticks rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and make the chicken even more juicy.
Frying drumsticks on the stove is a quick and easy way to cook a delicious and versatile cut of chicken. By following these tips, you can make sure that your drumsticks are perfectly cooked and flavorful.
How Long To Fry Drumsticks On Stove?
Fry drumsticks on the stove for 8-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Preheat the Oil in a Frying Pan Over Medium Heat
To preheat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, follow these steps:
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
2. Once the oil is hot, add the drumsticks.
3. Cook the drumsticks for 8-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Season the Drumsticks with Salt and Pepper
To season the drumsticks with salt and pepper, follow these steps:
1. Sprinkle the drumsticks with salt and pepper.
2. Rub the salt and pepper into the drumsticks.
3. Let the drumsticks sit for 10 minutes before cooking.
Frying drumsticks on the stove is a quick and easy way to cook them. Be sure to preheat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat before adding the drumsticks. Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper before cooking, and cook them for 8-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
How long do I fry chicken drumsticks on the stove?
The cooking time for chicken drumsticks will vary depending on the thickness of the drumsticks and the temperature of your stove. However, as a general rule, you can expect to fry chicken drumsticks for about 10-12 minutes per side over medium heat.
How do I know when chicken drumsticks are done frying?
Chicken drumsticks are done frying when they are golden brown and the meat is cooked through. You can check to see if the chicken is done by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
What temperature should I fry chicken drumsticks on?
The ideal temperature for frying chicken drumsticks is between 350 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit. This will help to ensure that the chicken is cooked evenly and that the skin is crispy.
Can I fry chicken drumsticks in oil or butter?
You can fry chicken drumsticks in either oil or butter. However, oil is the more popular choice because it produces a crispier crust. If you are using butter, make sure to use clarified butter or ghee, as these types of butter will not burn as easily.
What can I do to make my chicken drumsticks more flavorful?
There are a number of ways to make your chicken drumsticks more flavorful. You can marinate them in a flavorful sauce, such as a teriyaki sauce, a barbecue sauce, or a lemon-herb marinade. You can also add spices or herbs to the breading mixture.
How can I keep my chicken drumsticks from drying out?
One of the best ways to keep your chicken drumsticks from drying out is to fry them in a shallow pan of oil. This will help to ensure that the chicken is evenly cooked and that the skin is crispy. You can also cover the pan with a lid while the chicken is frying. This will help to keep the moisture in.
Can I freeze chicken drumsticks before frying them?
Yes, you can freeze chicken drumsticks before frying them. However, it is important to thaw them completely before frying them. You can thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or in the microwave.
What are some tips for frying chicken drumsticks?
Here are a few tips for frying chicken drumsticks:
- Use a cast-iron skillet or a heavy-bottomed pan. This will help to distribute the heat evenly and prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Make sure the oil is hot before adding the chicken. The oil should be between 350 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan. This will prevent the chicken from cooking evenly.
- Fry the chicken in batches. This will help to prevent the temperature of the oil from dropping too low.
- Turn the chicken frequently. This will help to ensure that all sides are cooked evenly.
- Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and the chicken to be more tender.
In this blog post, we have discussed how to fry drumsticks on the stove. We have covered the following topics:
- The different methods for frying drumsticks
- The ingredients you will need
- The steps involved in frying drumsticks
- The tips and tricks for frying drumsticks perfectly
We hope that this blog post has been helpful and that you will be able to fry drumsticks perfectly on your stovetop.
Here are some key takeaways from this blog post:
- To fry drumsticks, you will need drumsticks, oil, salt, and pepper.
- You can fry drumsticks in a skillet, a Dutch oven, or an air fryer.
- The cooking time for drumsticks will vary depending on the method you use and the thickness of the drumsticks.
- To ensure that your drumsticks are cooked evenly, flip them halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve your drumsticks with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, rice, or vegetables.
We hope you enjoy your fried drumsticks!
I was born and raised in the fabulous state of Maryland but recently decided to pack up my stuff and move to the Midwest city they call Chicago.
I hope to capture all of my life’s adventures of living in the windy city. AKA the food I cook, my journey to the Chicago Marathon, the books I read and the trashy TV shows I watch. I’m a health-nut, book-worm and exercise fiend.
Join me, Kelsey, on this exciting journey as I embrace the challenges and joys of my new life in Chicago. From mastering the art of healthy cooking to hitting the pavement for marathon training, my blog is a window into my world of self-discovery and fun.
- January 16, 2024Can Animals Eat This?How to Cook Salmon and Rice: A Delicious and Healthy Meal
- January 16, 2024Can You Eat This?Can You Eat Parrots? (A Complete Guide)
- January 16, 2024Can You Eat This?Can You Eat Tomatoes With Black Spots?: The Ultimate Guide
- January 16, 2024Can Animals Eat This?Can Rabbits Eat Rosemary: The Ultimate Guide